Friday, May 28, 2010

True Meaning




Memorial Day is not about golf.


Nor is it about barbeques, gin and tonics, or lawn darts.


Not that I'm trying to ruin anyone's fun. I plan to participate in all the events I just mentioned as we enjoy family and friends to kick off the summer season after a most brutal winter.


My point here is that as a nation we can never forget the sacrifices others have made in order for us to enjoy these liberties. And, even more importantly, its inherent on the older folks (like me!) to remind our children and grandchildren what this three day weekend is all about.


So stoke up the grill, dust off the ice bucket, and limber up your pitching arm. Just don't forget to pause for a moment and give a silent acknowledgement to those who paid the ultimate price. It's the right thing to do.


Happy Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said bff...have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freedom isn't Free. I am a proud daughter of a Korean War Veteran and a proud wife of a Vietnam Veteran. God Bless America Land That I Love.
    Thank a Veteran this Weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete