Monday, April 5, 2010

Daily Bloggings 4/5/10



Thoughts.......



I awoke at dawn on this post Easter Monday and took a short walk in my neighborhood. Upon closing my front door, I was immediately greeted by a symphony of sounds as the birds were signaling their vocal response to the embryonic sky of azure blue. Truly a breathtaking way to start a day.


As I predicted last week.....the Donovan McNabb era is officially over. Trading him to the Washington Redskins is probably a respectful gesture by the Eagles to move him to a contending team, but it could be construed as another act of arrogance by a front office that eschews public and media sentiment and does exactly what it wants to do at all times regardless of the consequences.


Although born and raised Catholic, my wife Terri and I have been attending services recently at the Fellowship Baptist Church in Mt. Laurel, NJ. If there is a warmer, more interesting service to be found, I haven't seen it yet. It's really all about God and replenishing your faith rather than religion....isn't it?


If anyone thinks there isn't a competition between the Eagles and Phillies for control of the city, look no further than the Easter night press conference to announce the McNabb trade. Even the most naive would have to admit the timing was odd and was predicated on stealing the opening day thunder from the defending NL champs.


Tiger Woods is back. He chose the closeted venue of Augusta with the hushed tones and vibrant Magnolia's to reemerge and chase Nicklaus's 18 major victories. My hope is that when he is announced on the first tee, there are no boos nor any applause. Just a quiet censorship of him as a protest of his reckless behavior and lack of judgement. It seems like the perfect condemnation here in golf's most hallowed ground.


Hey...IT'S OPENING DAY! GO CUBS!!

3 comments:

  1. I think the symphony of sounds you were greeted with this morning was coming from the tree outside my bedroom window "as the birds were signaling their vocal response to the embryonic sky of azure blue." They ever so nicely woke me up from a very deep sleep in which I was enjoying a wonderful dream! I love to listen to the birds sing their pretty little hearts out but not at the crack of dawn when I get my best sleep...LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete