Monday, September 20, 2010

Eagles Aftermath



Michael Vick has totally impressed me in every way. His throws are accurate, his escapability is unmatched, and his answers to the media are contrite. Andy Reid better get used to answering the QB controversy questions, because they are here to stay.


More concerning to me is the Eagles defense. Where was Omar Gaither when the Lions were gashing the Birds in the first half on the ground? And the last two late scores by the Lions could have cost us the game.


Did anyone else think the DeSean Jackson catch that was overruled in the first half was retribution to the Lions for the awful ruling that cost them the game against the Bears the week prior?


I've ripped Jason Peters in the past, but I admired his courage in coming back from knee and ankle injuries in the first half.


Next time Sam Rosen and Tim Ryan do an Eagle's game, remind me to switch to Merrill Reese and Mike Quick!
PS Give the premier of HBO's Boardwalk Empire an A+ for costume and set design and a B- for content. I expected more from a Martin Scorsese piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment